Serving size:3/4 cup
- 2 cups cooked bow-tie/macaroni pasta
- 1/4 cup celery
- 2 tablespoons yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons green onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-sodium (low salt) Italian salad dressing
- ½ cup canned low-sodium tuna in water
- Chop celery, bell pepper and green onion.
- Combine cooked pasta, celery, bell pepper, onion and lemon zest in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and salad dressing.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture.
- Add tuna to pasta mixture.
- Mix gently until all ingredients are moist and well blended.
- Refrigerate one hour to let flavors blend.
Nutrients per serving:
- Calories 266
- Protein 13 g
- Carbohydrates 21 g
- Fat 14 g
- Cholesterol 15 mg
- Sodium 136 mg
- Potassium 150 mg
- Phosphorus 104 mg
- Calcium 17 mg
- Fiber 1.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices:
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1 starch
- 2 fat
- Macaroni can be substituted for bow-tie pasta.
- Powdered dressing mix is a good choice because the sodium can be adjusted by using less of the mix.
- If low-sodium tuna is unavailable, reduce sodium in regular tuna by rinsing for one minute.